21 People On What They Would Tell Their 19-Year-Old Selves
- Jonathan, 55: There is no such thing as “the only one”. You will meet lots of “the ones”. Only commit when the timing is right for the both of you – that can take years for some, and that’s okay.
- Miranda, 24: Drop pre-med.
- Isaac, 48: Deodorant does not count as a shower, and that haircut only looked good on Bon Jovi.
- Anya, 42: Make the conscious decision to be happy, and then stick with it. Society will do everything in its power to convince you that your personal happiness is dependent on something external – beauty, success, wealth, etc. – it isn’t.
- Parker, 55: 60% of the things you think are important now won’t matter a whit to you by the time you reach 50. The trick is to figure out the important 40% and work it.
- Megan, 34: He doesn’t love you, and you will be okay.
- Peter, 58: Don’t let anything stand in your way of taking part (or all) of your junior year abroad. You’ll never again have quite the same opportunity to experience a foreign land, for an extended period of time, in your youth. It is destined to be one of the most memorable aspects of your life.
- Eleanor, 67: Talk less. Listen more.
- Donald, 27: There’s a huge difference between who you want to be and who everyone around you wants you to be. Figure out which is which.
- Camille, 56: Always remember: when falling off a horse, pull your tongue in.
- Jackson, 57: No one knows anything for sure. They’re all just doing the best they can with what they have, just like you.
- Vicki, 47: You’ll never have all the answers, so make every question count.
- Donald, 38: You don’t have to grow up to be the dad you never had.
- Katelyn, 30: Make the most out of college. You will never again be at a place where your only goal is to learn. Learn a lot, learn often, and learn with reckless abandon.
- Joshua, 55: Women love to laugh.
- Annabelle, 38: Drugs are not beautiful, glamorous or opulent. They are not a remedy, a solution, a cure-all, or a cure-anything.
- Colin, 50: You miss so much life when you sleep until 3 PM. Wake up to see sunrises; they are the most stunning of nature’s masterpieces.
- Eleanor, 26: Eating two pints of ice cream won’t make you happy. Neither will sprinting 10 miles. Be nice to yourself.
- Aaron, 52: Don’t forget to ask that girl in the Oberlin library what kind of perfume she’s wearing. You’ll buy it for her in 20 years.
- Scarlett, 54: Don’t be afraid to be yourself. Those that get you will love you, those that don’t, well, their loss. Just remember: Wherever you are, it’s a party.
- Zack, 9: I hope you’re awesome. And be nice to girls.
Im guessing thats a yes, lol
24. actually one thing somebody said to me is “i appreciate your honesty” but at the time i wasnt being honest i was trying to be a dick to someone but i got praised for it which is cool too i guess.
31. hopefully death is better than where i am now. idk in all honesty the only reason i would want to die is to see what its like.
32. a place i think of that comes to mind is my childhood home in clairemont, it was a real homey place, to me at least, it was always cold in there but it freaked my out because my bedroom was at the end of a long dark hall and i dont remember there being any lights in that hallway.
33. what i do when im sad is bitch about it to the only person i talk to, and then i gather enough strength to go on a walk and cry about it in public while im walking
34. the worst physical pain ive endured is when, in elementary school i was running up to the PE classroom that was up in a bungalow and i slipped on the ramp and literally a chunk of meat was like chopped out of my knee and i couldnt bend it for like another month because it wouldve ripped bigger, the scar is pretty cool though
35. I wish i could stop being lazy, which is like humanly impossible, theres so many things i need to do and want to do that i havent gotten around to because i convince myself that its not worth the time or “i have time”
36. guilty pleasures: smoking, pissing off motorists, pissing off people in general, almost dying, being mean to people that i dont necessarily like
37. ive never thought i was in love, idk love is something that cant be defined by my definition of “in love” hasnt happened to me yet.
38. lol ingrid michaelson - the way i am reminds me of my ex, out of my league - fitz and the tantrums reminds me of Erin, all star - smash mouth reminds me of my childhood in general and linkin park reminds me of my childhood friend kane
39. i wish i wouldve known that life could turn out to be this dreadful